By Laurel Anderson
This bar candy is designed to be lower in sugar and higher in fiber than other dessert bars.
1½ teaspoons chia seeds
2 Tablespoons water
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
2 Tablespoons coconut oil (heaping)
2 teaspoons almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sliced blanched almonds plus ¼ cup to sprinkle on the top.
6 oz very dark chocolate
- Line a 9″ x 9″ casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Soak chia seeds in water for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded coconut, coconut flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, salt and blanched almonds. Stir well.
- Spread evenly in the casserole dish. Refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and spread over the coconut mix. Sprinkle ¼ cup sliced almonds onto the warm chocolate. Chill for 1 hour.
- Slice into single servings.
I found the chia seeds, very dark chocolate, coconut flour , oil and sugar at Trader Joes. The unsweetened shredded coconut was purchased at Bell Air.